Fleas belong to the insect order Siphonaptera. They could be a year round problem because they infest not only pets but also the home of the owner. Due to this, treatment of the pet alone may only momentarily explain a flea infestation. Regular house cleaning includes exhaustive vacuuming, disinfecting and washing of all bedding, coverings and and so on. Though many species of fleas feed essentially on one kind of animal, the common pussy and dog flea will swiftly take blood from a selection of animals, including man. Bath your pets continually and work the lather well into the skin to be sure that the pests are removed in the method. Though washing is a repeating process to be conducted daily, it provides passing relief to the plagued animal.
Feed them with healthy diet, don't over feed them with additions and give them acceptable exercise. Plant natural flea repelling plants like lavender, mint, pennyroyal around your home and you may also would like to use fancy oils to drive them away. Yes, to some owners, washing your pussy may be a bit of a challenge nonetheless it does beat having to deal with infestation all the year round. You may want to utilise a good pet soap but in reality any body soap that lathers well will do. Give your pussy-cat a good and deep lather all of the way to the skin, as this'll help to exterminate the bug. Advantage was the 1st spot on flea treatment for dogs that contained remaining flea slaughtering properties in an once a month application and is still one of the least pricey options for owners of pets. Therapy is effective for thirty days after application and isn't influenced if your pet goes swimming or showering. It can be employed on puppies as young as eight weeks old and is safe for pregnant and lactating canines.
The protection last thru washing and grooming. For most satisfactory results purchase the very best quality oils you can probably find. Use licensed organic important oils, or oils that have been tried and are insecticide free. Please talk to your doctor re significant health worries and don't try to self diagnose. Aromatherapy is a light and noninvasive complementary medical care system utilised for balancing and synchronizing your body, mind, spirit and feelings to improve your vitality.
Late spring, summer, and early fall are usually the months when fleas and ticks are at their worst. Some areas have nice climates year round, these areas have year round fleas as well. Your dog may be an inside dog; that does not mean that he is immune. Just taking your dog out to use the bathroom can start a flea infestation. A variety of other animals (stray cats and dogs, squirrels, etc) comb neighborhoods, these can very easily drop unwanted visitors at your door, literally.
There are products on the market to help control the pests that get on your animal as well as those that get in your yard, your vet can recommend the best products for you to use for your dog’s safety.
You also need to do some other ‘home maintenance’ things. Some of these include:
1. Anything your pet spends much time on should be cleaned as best it can. For instance, if he uses his own bed, wash it in hot water and dry on high heat. If he spends time on the couch, vacuum it regularly (your vet may recommend a mild pesticide be use on the couch (and other places your dog uses a lot), depending on infestation and severity.
2. Vacuum your entire house, washing any throw rugs. Often flea eggs are dropped from the pet into the carpet through shedding. Just because they are no longer on your dog doesn’t mean that they are not viable. These eggs will hatch and grow just as they would if they were on your dog.
3. Brush your dog frequently. Combs designed for lice removal in humans make excellent combs for flea and flea egg removal in short-haired dogs. Longer hair is more difficult unless you have a very passive dog that will allow you to comb down to the skin with the tiny combs but are better done with flea combs designed for dogs. Bathing should be done at least bi-weekly and a good conditioner (oatmeal-based is great) should be applied to help sooth your dog’s skin.
4. Keep your lawn mowed, believe it or not, this helps with flea infestation.
I Can’t Get My Dog’s Liquid Medicine Down
Face it; there are times that we have to medicate our dogs. Usually it’s just not much fun; flailing legs, squirming bodies, and twisting heads are not a joyful experience for either one of you. These tips should help you accomplish this feat. Remember to follow all medication instructions and dosage requirements.
1. Have a treat ready if the medication doesn’t have to be taken on an empty stomach.
2. Measure the medicine into the dropper.
3. Sooth your dog through calm movements and soft words.
4. Wrap one arm around the dog’s neck, between your thumb and first finger, take hold of the lower jaw.
5. Tilt the nose up, but not straight up.
6. Insert the dropper’s tip toward the back of the cheek without opening the mouth.
7. Slowly squeeze the dropper’s ‘bubble’ letting a constant, slow flow of the medication into your dog’s mouth. He will swallow instinctively.
Extra tips, in case your dog is a bit harder to control:
1. Flailing dogs can be wrapped in towels (or blankets for larger dogs).
2. Give high praise and a treat when the process is over (as long as the medication does not need to be taken on an empty stomach).
3. Keep the dog’s body in front of you.
4. There are new ways to flavor pet medications. Certain pharmacists and veterinarians can perform this service for little cost.
Using these instructions and tips, you should be able to successfully give your dog the medication he needs in a less traumatic experience for both of you. High praise for anything good always reinforces good behavior, so every successful attempt should be treated as an exceptional feat for him. He will continue to improve, eventually making the process quite simple.
Our two black cats have had fleas and we have recently treated them with advantage from the vets, which should start to work in the next 48 hours but we still have fleas in our house. We have vacuum our carpets and tried using R.I.P flea spray for the house but nothing seems to have worked! Has anyone used a flea spray for house that worked?
I have fles bombed the house twice?
I have flea bombed the house twice?
Unless you have an extremely heavy infestation of fleas, treating the cats with Advantaghe will take care of the fleas in the house.
Fleas want to live in an environment of 100 degrees or higher. Cats and dogs have body temperatures of over 100 degrees, which iswhy fleas would rather live on them than on humans, in the carpets, etc. Fleas will migrate from your carpet and other places onto the cats, where the Advantage will kill them. It may take a few days to a week because fleas will be hatching from eggs for the next few days, but eventually they will be gone.
Keep treating your cats with Advantage or Frontline monthly. If you use flea spray in the house, be sure to take the cats and any other pets out of the house for at least eight hours afterward. (Flea sprays and bombs aren’t very effective on fleas, but they’re very toxic to pets.) If you still have fleas, you may need the services of a professional exterminator company.