what happens if a human ingested dog flea medicine?

my dad was petting the dog in the spot where she had the flea gel and then ate his food without knowing the dog had the medicine on. now we are all freaking out!! is my dad going to die? please help ASAP!! it’s been about 30 minuets since he ingested it
he was eating while petting the dog. he did have his hands washed but then petted the dog.

No. Calm down. Think clearly. you know the dog can lick itself.. if the medicine were that toxic, it would kill the dog. They know that people pet their dogs.. obviously it can’t be deadly poison or it would kill the dogs and kill the pet owners. But it makes me wonder why your father doesn’t wash his hands before he eats.. that is GROSS. He won’t die from it though.